A fully organized ENTIRE DAY IN MILAN! The greatest way to enjoy the best of the city, with the company and the help of an expert local guide. The guide will tell you everything you need to know about the most famous monuments in the city: facts and figures, but also entertaining stories and secrets. You will stroll through interesting streets and their elegant buildings. And, last but not least, you have the warranty to enjoy the well known “La Vigna di
Leonardo da Vinci” (Leonardo’s Vineyard), given to Leonardo by Lodovico il Moro in 1498.
– Duomo Cathedral (inside) and its Square
– Vittorio Emanuele II Gallery, the “living room” of Milan (inside)
– La Scala Theatre (outside) and its Square
– Mercanti Square, the medieval city heart
– Sforza Castle (outside and inner yards)
– Sempione Park (the Castle’s garden) and Arco della Pace (The Peace Arch – from outside)
– Leonardo’s Vineyard and Santa Maria delle Grazie Church (UNESCO site) (inside)
– Church of San Maurizio al Monastero Maggiore, the “Sistine Chapel of Milan” (inside)
– Church of Santa Maria presso San Satiro, and its incredible and unique optical illusion created by Bramante (inside)
– The “Finger” by Maurizio Cattelan (one of the most successful Italian contemporary artists)
– The fashion district.
Our legally licensed English speaking Tour Guide will take you on a journey through the history, from the imposing Sforza Castle, home of intrigues and backstabbing, and the medieval heart of the city (Mercanti Square), to the Gothic period (Duomo cathedral) from a surprising optical illusions created by a Renaissance genius, Donato Bramante (church of Santa Maria presso San Satiro) and majestic churches of the XVI century (church of San Maurizio al Monastero Maggiore), till the provocative contemporary art, standing in front of “the Finger”, the sculpture of M. Cattelan (one of the most successful Italian contemporary artists).
But Milan is also a fashion capital, so you will be taken to a leisurely walking tour along posh Montenapoleone Street and Via della Spiga (The “Quadrilatero della moda” – the Quadrilater of fashion), and their boutiques.
You will cross the majestic glass-roofed Vittorio Emanuele II Gallery, also known as the “living room” of Milan, to arrive in front of the renowned La Scala Opera Theatre and dream of operas and ballets.
Last but not least, thanks to this tour you won’t miss the chance to admire the worldwide famous Leonardo da Vinci’s Vineyard (La Vigna di Leonardo), given to him by Lodovico il Moro in 1498 to thank Leonardo for his services among Sforza Family.
Free time, for lunch and rest, will be given during the Tour (60/90 minutes).
Dress code: shoulders and knees have to be covered to enter inside the churches.
During hot days wear a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
Be prepared for a great walk: wear comfortable shoes, preferably with rubber sole.
Food & Drinks are not included.
NB.The itinerary could differ according to the daily opening hours of Churches and religious services, or due to public maintenance works, or also during extraordinary local events.
Please note: on Sundays, the visit to Milan Duomo will be replaced with a visit to Piazza Gae Aulenti.
Piazzale Luigi Cadorna n.14 (on the right side of the main entrance of Cadorna Train Station, near bar MARINONI)
Be the first to leave a review.